You Are Reading

First Year Group Project


I initially drew out some of my ideas for logos, names and concepts.





After a studio session with Simon about the importance of thumbnails and design sheets I  chose to produce thumbnail design ideas digitally as I feel it links more to our brief and is also a better way for me to visually communicate my ideas. 





Under each of my thumbnails I have put a short description of what I am trying to communicate. 



Caitlin's illustrations..


These are my preferred illustrations as I favour black and white design more than colour. After a group discussion we came to the decision that the colour illustrations were more appropriate.


After the crit we were all assigned a job. I was given the job of designing the business cards for our company. 


I created design sheets on Illustrator with 6 different shapes and different colour possibilities. As we have a lot of promotional material to print I wanted to keep the cost down by using white stock and adding colour to it. I experimented with the possibility of having the business card in full colour but I preferred the white background as I think it makes the text stand out more. 


_______________________________________________



After showing my variations to my group we decided on the full colour cards but tweaked them slightly. As a group of people we were expecting to have to alter a lot of the promotional material in order for it to remain consistent and work as a set. 


As the website has a long URL code it has posed some problems with the design from everyone. I had to make the point size smaller in order for it too look more effective and clearer to read. 


One problem with this design is the curved edges. It would take a lot of time to individually cut each card out. As this would impact our time scale and also cost I will have to produce this design in a simple square shape which can be strimmed in the studio, this will cut down the cost and also the time needed to cut.














Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.